Sunday, October 13, 2013

week 4&5- Final trimming- Getting close

With TJ off to Idaho... I'm on my own...
The '69 is back from sandblasting & primer.
Additional trimming- I decided the whole car had to move forward to work with the B-pillar.
finally got the car to sit down where it needs to & the width at the bottom is close to 56".
A bit more trimming at the fenders & rear deck & alot of trimming of the rear bumper mounts & into the spare tire area. & the rear valance works.
Exhaust is a bit low but will be easy enough to re-work.

*The big issue is the wheel wells- the openings are about 2" too far forward. I've ordered new rear lower qtr's and will relocate them similar to the front fender mock up shown in the pictures.

Doors, fenders, hood all mocked up- (these are the old pieces, just for mock up- new doors, fenders & hood on the way) - no issues with engine. and sliding the car forward may make the defroster/dash work out.








No comments:

Post a Comment