The new wheels & tires are big... 18x10 American Racing Special Edition Wheels & Falken Azenis 295/40r18.. Making one tough looking muscle car... to accommodate the fat tires... I flared out the wheel wells about 3"... first I cut the lip free & sectioned about 1 1/2 then I welded the lip back to the bottom & bent it out. In the first picture you will see a 3" spacer welded in place.
Then I just kept working my way around till I got the whole thing welded into place...
*note I did this with the new qtr panel screwed in place - with the new black panel "flexed" just a bit so the whole fender sticks out about 4" farther than stock...
.jpg) |
| qtr screwd in place with about 1 or so of flex & tape line marking the lip |
.jpg) |
| using grinder- cut the entire lip loose |
.jpg) |
| I sectioned about 1 1/2" out of the lip & re welded it at the bottom- & welded a 3" x 2" piece spacing it out so it cleared the new fat tire. |
.jpg) |
| more pieces welded in |
.jpg) |
| mostly welded in you ca really see the flare here... |
No comments:
Post a Comment